Journals launched: 57
Papers published: 6244
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twtter
Current vacancies are listed below. We are always looking for new talent, so even if none of this is appropriate for you, send your CV and a cover letter to the appropriate Contacts (see www.sophiapublisher.com/contactus) for their consideration.
The Administrative Lead is responsible for all office administration and works closely with the CEO，Publishing Manager, Academic editors , as well as other vendors and lead admin office staff in the day-to-day administration of the SPG at the headquarter , as well as satellite locations, providing assistance related to their admin/office needs.
1. Lead and coordinate headquarter (Richmond BC) and off site administration office needs and work closely with the CEO to prioritize tasks accordingly.
2. Assist CEO for any staff hiring and training. Coordinates safety training and pre-employment medical exam and related items for new hire.
3. Arranges travel and coordinates workshops, professional meetings and conferences. Arranges the schedule for staff training and prepares minutes of the weekly or any other meetings.
4. Answer telephone and check service email - maintains a logbook of calls. Communicates with vendors and copies documents. Pick up mail and distribute to appropriate staff. Handle incoming UPS and FedEx packages.
5.Check expense reports for staff and work closely with accounting dept.
6. Arrange and process paperwork for overseas visitors – assist with visa and communicate w/related governmental offices. Handle all travel and hotel arrangements for the local and offsite staff as needed. Handle guest house accommodations and operations for interns and others.
7.Work closely with vendors regarding co. brochures, business cards, supplies, etc. Monitor inventory of common office supplies, Kitchen and guesthouse needs.
8. Assist shipping coordinator w/preparing documentation and shipping needs.
9. Maintain a schedule of conference room reservations; arrange sp de projector, screen and refreshments.
Requirements and Skills
1. Minimum of BS or BA with 5 years experiences in office administration and leading office staff.
2. Highly effective English Language written and presentation skills. Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
3. Advanced, Excel, Power Point and MS Word skills.
4. Excellent examples of proven organization skills.
5. Examples of building and maintaining relationships at all levels
6. Discretion with confidential matters
This is an exciting post to join the SPG as an Executive Publisher . In this position , you will be responsible for the performance and future success of a portfolio of journals and a series of books within the SPG publishing platforms, which includes monitoring and developing their content, driving their growth, and optimizing editorial standards and policies.
Communication skills will be key, as the successful publisher will need to build excellent and productive relationships with the internal editors who manage the peer-review process to ensure that editorial standards and Publishing policies are followed and maintained, and that the peer-reviewing and decision making processes operate smoothly and efficiently. You will also work closely with the external editors responsible for marketing and editorial support for our journals and books. A strong scientific and literature background will be needed, as you will be directly involved with journal and book content.
1. Maximizing performance of a portfolio of journals and books within the SPG platforms； Highlighting Publishing content to raise profile and visibility of the publications.
2. Building excellent and productive relationships with academic editors, associate editors, section editors, editorial board members, authors and reviewers.
3. Developing the content of the publications through commissioning, conference attendance and identifying key topics in the field for development.
4. Progressing individual journal content to ensure efficient and appropriate peer review.
5. Public relationship management and crisis management.
Requirements and Skills
1. Educated to PhD level (biomedical field) or equivalent experience.
2. Previous scientific editorial/publishing experience or equivalent exposure.
3. Excellent communication and influencing skills；Pleasant and tactful telephone manner.
4. Proven organizational ability and time management skills；Willing to travel occasionally and represent SPG at external events.
5. A high level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers).
6. Proven analytical/critical appraisal skills；Able to respond to non-routine circumstances.
7. Self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving；Ability to complete allocated tasks and work to (often competing) deadlines；Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels.
This is a full-time permanent job. Compensation will be based on qualification and experience of applicant.
This is an exciting opportunity for these who prefer working on line at home. We are looking for an enthusiastic scholars and editors as an editor at large to join our experienced Editorial team. AS and editor at large , you will be responsible for assigning some section content of a wide group of journals within the BioPublisher. This includes initial assessment of manuscripts for adherence to editorial policy, finding and inviting appropriate peer reviewers, making decisions on manuscripts in conjunction with the Executive Editor and suggesting potential new members of the Editorial Advisory Board.
Excellent time management and broad knowledge competence is a key part of this role, as you will need to balance a variety of tasks, and be confident to identify and invite reviewers across a wide spectrum of science and literature disciplines.
1. Identifying and inviting potential peer reviewers for submission .
2. Assessing whether the submitted manuscripts adhere to journal policy
3. Summarizing peer-reviewer's comments and writing a reviewing report, making decisions on manuscripts
4. Writing brief research highlights for accepted manuscript
5. Journal Development work such as identifying and recruiting Editorial Advisory Board Members
Requirements and Skills
1. PhD or Masters in a science subject (or equivalent experience)
2. Editorial experience or equivalent exposure
3. Excellent time management skills
4. Excellent communication and team-working skills
5. Proven examples of high attention to detail
6. A proven broad interest in biology and/or medicine
Sophia Publishing Group Inc. offers a structured ten-week internship program （particular in summer）for students typically between their junior and senior years of college who aspire to careers in the publishing industry. The Sophia program provides students with the opportunity to gain practical work experience and learn from online publishing professionals.
Internship assignments exist in a variety of areas within the company such as Marketing, Editorial, Production, Information Technology, New Media, Customer Service and Publicity, and are based at our corporate office in Richmond, British Columbia, at SPG's locations in Haikou and Nanning of China. The program combines on-the-job training with seminars and group luncheons.
Internship programs are available throughout the year. The summer program offers a weekly stipend and runs from July through August. If you are interested in applying for an internship, submit a letter addressing why you would like to be selected for the program and areas of interest along with a resume. Summer internship applications should be submitted before April 30.